Run, Stay and Play in Glendalough
- Take 2 days off and run for the hills...
- Day one will include a 2 to 3 hour trail run taking in some great routes and experiencing some spectacular views.
- Enjoy running with experienced guides who will bring you off the tourist trails and have you enjoy a more sublime experience.
- That evening, enjoy a massage in the luxury of your own room. Soul in Hands will is a very intuitive therapist, specializing in holistic massage for wellbeing and healing. But Elena also offers other forms of massage - for more information please see www.soulinhands.ie
- And when you wake up in the heart of Glendalough you have the option of a wonderful historic tour of Glendalough with Martin Swords or a chance to join JuJu Jays group run, which is a mystery run & always lots of fun.
- The Glendalough Hotel, set in the heart of Glendalough is an ideal overnight stay. Wake up in the glory of the Wicklow mountains. Your vening meal & breakfast is included in the stay.
Run, Stay and Play...
If you choose to spend two days in Glendalough, you will be able to breath in the majestic atmosphere of this stunning place. A place were time slows down and troubles seem far away. Come and experience your adventure and wake up and do it again the next day.
The trail run on the first day will be about enjoying the run, with a stop start pace, regrouping and enjoying the day, taking photos and taking in nature and your surroundings. Depending on the group, the runs will be of a *beginner or *intermediate level -*explained below. The run will take approx. 3 hours and will be one of "JuJu's routes", taking us off the tourist trails.
Accommodation will be in the Glendalough Hotel, a 2-minute walk from Glendalough Cathedral and perfectly situated to start any run from. This white-painted, Victorian hotel is an 8-minute walk from the Glendalough Visitor Centre. The rooms are straight forward and traditional and feature countryside views. It has many amenities including a casual restaurant serving local and international dishes, and a pub-style lounge with a fireplace.
If you choose to explore Glendalogh's historical side with Martin Swords you are in for a treat. Martin's unique tours of Glendalough - Glendalough's Guided Walks - His walks are really more Walk-‘N- Talks covering a wide range of subjects relevant to St. Kevin, The Monastic City and the Valley of Glendalough. These include bits of history, folklore, geography, geology, legends and especially place names and their magic poetic meanings, some of which are quite surprising.. No hills, no climbs, only a few wooden steps up beside the waterfall), easy does it for this tour!
Trail run levels explained:
- Beginner: A beginner trail run will take 1.5 to 2 hours and will be a relaxed run with stops and starts. There will always be chances to regroup on route and no one will ever get left behind. The terrain will not be technical but more trails on fire roads and forests. The views and the adventure will always be amazing.
- Intermediate: An intermediate trail run will take approx. 2-3hours depending on the route. There will be some technical routes with some open mountain routes. There will be regrouping on route to ensure no one gets left behind. There will also be time to take in your surroundings and take photos and enjoy your experience.
- Advanced: Advanced runs are for very experienced trail runners who want a challenge. These routes will take in very technical terrain, open mountains, summits and some difficult routes.