Mullacor Magic - 17k - Ascent 520m - 5/6 hours
- Mullacor Magic - 17k from Glendalough Lower Car park, Ascent 520m 5/6 hours
- The main approaches to Mullacor are from either the Glendalough Valley or from Glenmalure further to the south.
- The Wicklow way will bring you through this route should you desire a linear walk sometime and is well worth doing. Mullacor is best described as a "good for nothing lump" that separates two great ridge walks, the famous Spink overlooking the lakes of Glendalough and the Derrybawn ridge where on a windy day you could take flight.
- In either case you will enjoy some great walking plus ascents both on and off track.
- Starting in Glendaloughs lower car park we walk up the Spink to view the lakes. Sticking to well defined tracks we head onto the Lugduffs to make for Mullacor. Initially an imposing sight from the boardwalks it does only take between 10 and 15 minutes to climb before a bog trot across the top lines us up for our descent to the Derrybawn ridge.
- Having walked the ridge we descend through the lovely forests on the sides of the Glendalough valley.
- Note On a good day Glendalough is a place to spend some time and take in any of the great strolls around the lake and Miners villages. It can get very busy in summer so give it a miss on a "sunny summer Sunday"